Terms and Conditions
You agree that these Terms and Conditions are supported by good and valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which you hereby acknowledge. Such consideration includes, without limitation, your use of cd-center.org and the materials and information available.
“Publication” as Content means the collective of:
- “Book”, defined as complete books and or portions of such books, such as book chapters.
- “Article”, defined as short papers on specific topics. They are published in issues or parts of journals (also called periodicals) which appear regularly.
- “Working paper and Report”, defined as a preliminary scientific or technical paper.
- “Seminar paper”, defined as a work of original research that presents a particular thesis and is presented to a group of academic peers, usually in an academic setting.
- “Essay and research contest”, defined as
- “Policy Brief”, defined as a research that presents factual information about a particular issue and provides alternative recommendations or policy options to resolve or mitigate the problems.
Copyrights and Ownership
The Sites are owned and operated by Cambodia Development Center. All of the content featured, displayed or offered on the Sites, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations, software and any other content (collectively, the “Content”), is owned by the, CD-Center, its licensors, vendors and/or its content providers. All elements of the Sites, including but not limited to the general design and the Content, are protected by copyright, and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. You may use each of our Sites for the predetermined purpose only for which our Site is being made available. Unless it is may be otherwise specified within our Sites, you are authorized to view, print and download documents, audio and video found for noncommercial purposes only. You may not make any changes to the materials and you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or work contained on the Sites. Unless it is allowed under applicable copyright laws, you are accountable for obtaining permission before re-using any copyrighted materials that is available on the Sites. For purposes of these terms, using other materials on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, and regulations regarding your use of the Sites. The Sites, the Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of the CD-Center, its licensors, vendors, and content providers unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing. Any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices on the material found on the Sites must be remained unremoved.
Access and Use
1. Permitted Uses of the Content
1.1 Institutions and individuals may search, view, reproduce, display, download, print, perform, and distribute Content for the following Permitted Uses, abiding by the restrictions in this Section I, Section II and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions of Use:
- research activities;
- classroom or organizational activities;
- student assignments;
- part of a scholarly, cultural, educational or organizational presentation or workshop with conformity to the customary and usual practice in the field;
- authors or other Content creators may at their discretion incorporate their Content (other than Books) into unrestricted databases or website with prior permission from the publisher and other applicable rights holders;
- on an ad hoc basis and noncommercial gain or in a manner that would substitute for direct access to the Content offered by CD-Center, sharing discrete portions of Content for purposes of collaboration, comment, or the scholarly exchange of ideas;
- downloading Content to view, use and display including on a personal digital device (e.g. mobile devices, e-readers, and personal computers);
- in research papers or dissertations, including reproductions of the dissertations, provided such reproductions are only for personal use, library deposit, and/or use solely within the institution(s) with which the User and/or his or her faculty readers are affiliated.
1.2 Users that have downloaded or printed out portions of Content from our Sites may continue to use those Content with conformity to the Terms and Conditions mentioned above despite later on such license has terminated or expired.
2. Prohibited Uses of the Content
Institutions and individuals may not:
(a) use or authorize the use of CD-Center’s Content for commercial purposes or gains, including charging a fee-for-service for the use of CD-Center beyond reasonable printing or administrative costs. For purposes of clarification, “commercial purposes or gains” shall not include research whose end-use is commercial in nature;
(b) attempt to override, circumvent, or disable any encryption features or software protections employed in the CD-Center;
(c) undertake any activity such as the use of computer programs that automatically download or export Content, commonly known as web robots, spiders, crawlers, wanderers or accelerators that may interfere with, disrupt or otherwise burden the CD-Center server(s) or any third-party server(s) being used or accessed in connection with CD-Center; or
(d) undertake coordinated or systematic activity between or among two or more individuals and/or entities that, in the aggregate, constitutes downloading and/or distributing a significant portion of the Content; or
(e) make any use, display, performance, reproduction, or distribution that exceeds or violates these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Additionally, Institutions and users may not:
(f) modify, obscure, or remove any copyright notice or other attribution included in the Content;
(g) incorporate Content into an unrestricted database or website, except as provided in 1.1(e) above;
(h) systematically print out or download Content to stock or replace print holdings;
(i) reproduce or distribute Content in bulk, such as the inclusion of Content including portions of Content (e.g., Book chapters, individual articles and/or journal issues) in course packs, electronic reserves, repositories, or organizational intranets.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between user and CD-Center in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Should you have any inquiry about these terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.