- The Pentagon said that the military is ready and willing to support US civilian authorities to join the fight against coronavirus, such as setting up field hospitals and backup beds.
- The US announced that it will be pulling out of al-Qaim and two other key military bases out of eight in Iraq in an attempt to reduce its footprint in the country.
- French President Emmanuel Macron locked down the country and told the people to stay at home unless the importance of buying food, going to work and medical checking.
- Channel NewsAsia (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-coronavirus-france-lockdown-macron-12544854)
- 16 new cases of coronavirus, which make a total of 33 cases, have put Venezuela in nationwide quarantine, and the government is preparing benefits for its citizens.
- Reuters (https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-venezuela-maduro/venezuelas-to-implement-nationwide-quarantine-as-coronavirus-cases-rise-to-33-idUKKBN21401J?rpc=401&)
- Israeli PM announced that the country will be totally locked down but introduced a series of new preventive measures in order to curb the spread of coronavirus.
- Sputnik (https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/202003171078589108-netanyahu-says-israel-wont-impose-total-lockdown/)
- Taiwan’s air force was seen scrambling once again to warn off Chinese jets, complaining that China should focus more on fighting COVID-19 rather than step up military drills.
- The Straits Times (https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/taiwan-again-scrambles-jets-to-warn-off-chinese-air-force)
- Leaders of the G7 pledged to join forces to halt the economic recession in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, which they branded as a human tragedy and global health crisis.
- The Minister of Trade and Industry reaffirmed that Singapore has months’ worth of supply and also planned for a disruption of supplies from Malaysia over many years.
- Channel NewsAsia (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/coronavirus-covid-19-chan-chun-sing-food-supply-12545326)
- Thailand will postpone the Sangran in the new year holiday to next time and ban people from the large gathering in public to contain the spread of the COVID-19.
- Prime Minister Hun Sen restricted the citizens from traveling to EU, Iran, US and ordered officials who have returned from the EU, the US to be quarantined for 14 days.
- Khmer Times (https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50702467/pm-restricts-citizens-from-travelling-to-covid-19-worst-hit-countries/)
- The Minister of Education, Youth, and Sports issued a directive to close down all public and private educational institutions across the country to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- The Government has launched a $50-million special fund for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to combat the pandemic COVID-19 and 20% withdrawal of EBA.
- Khmer Times (https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50702354/50-million-emergency-fund-for-small-and-medium-enterprises/)
- President of the National Authority for Combating Drugs has urged that legal proceedings against major drug criminals be closely monitored so that they cannot escape charges.
- The Phnom Penh post (https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/drug-cases-need-monitoring)