- The US officials spread their anti-russian propaganda to disrupt Russian-Turkish cooperation in Syria, claiming that Russia has killed dozens of Turkish military.
Source: TASS (https://tass.com/world/1132171)
- Italy reported the highest death toll to 475 deaths in one day by any country since the coronavirus outbreak originated from Wuhan, China.
Source: Business Insider (https://www.businessinsider.com/italy-reports-475-coronavirus-deaths-highest-one-day-toll-nationwide-2020-3)
- Israel released a statement on the closure of its embassies in Germany, Spain, Greece and the Netherlands and Southern Cyprus after the ambassador tested positive for the virus.
Source: Anadolu Agency (https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israel-shuts-five-embassies-due-to-coronavirus/1771220)
- The US House of representative and the senate voted in favor of the legislation that provided the economic bills to Americans amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Iran lashed out at the US for refusing to lift its sanctions while the country is facing the coronavirus, claiming countries need collective efforts to tackle the issue.
- WHO praised ROK for innovative strategies in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic although they suffered from accelerating community infection just one month ago.
Source: KBS World Radio (http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news_view.htm?lang=e&Seq_Code=152128)
- New Zealand had passed a historic bill that treats the abortion case as the health issue rather than a crime, a major reformed law that have been unchanged for decades.
Source: The Straits Times (https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/new-zealand-passes-historic-law-to-decriminalise-abortion)
- Experts say half of Thailand could be infected by COVID-19 in the next two year if the country can’t control the infection.
Source: Channel NewsAsia (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-covid19-outbreak-thailand-limit-impact-12553516)
- DPRK emphasized increasing the production of its metal work factories that will be used to produce weapons such as rocket artillery systems that were tested by the country.
- Cambodian main airport company called for a “global and comprehensive plan” to help the aviation sector during the coronavirus outbreak.
Source: Khmer Times
- China and Cambodia held joint military exercises, Golden Dragon 2020, amid the fear of coronavirus, showing the world that the two countries’ relations are getting friendlier.
- The Ministry of Health of Cambodia confirmed two more cases of COVID-19, who came back from Malaysia, bringing the number of infection cases to 37.
Source: Khmer Times
- Vietnamese government adopts measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 by shutting the borders with Cambodia and banning all foreign travel except for accredited diplomats.
- The Ministry of Information blacklisted nearly 50 Facebook pages and accounts that spread fake news about COVID-19 or contents that destroy the government’s reputation.