PROGRAM’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions of the Research Fellowship Program here (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”) express the terms between Cambodia Development Center (hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer” or “CD-Center”) and Fellow(s) by means of language with regards to the activity, procedure, service, responsibility of each party to the agreement.
1. Agreement to Terms and Conditions
All Fellows are obliged to follow and act in accordance with the term stated in the Terms and Conditions (T&C) otherwise they will not be qualified for the Program. Such agreement is valid and irrevocable until further notice by the Organizer.
2. Modification of the Terms and Conditions
The Organizer may modify the Terms and Conditions when deemed necessary and will only notify the Fellows of the decision after the modification is complete and effective. The Fellows shall be deemed to have granted valid and irrevocable consent to the modified Terms and Conditions shall there be no objection throughout the Program operation.
3. Application and Selection
- The applicants shall provide to the Organizer genuine, accurate, complete, and valid information when submitting the application.
- If the Organizer believes that the information provided by the applicants is inaccurate, invalid, and false, the application will be turned down automatically without further consideration.
- The award given to the Fellows belongs solely to the Fellows; thus, cannot be transferred to any third party.
4. Fellow’s Responsibility
- The Fellows must by any mean complete three paper (two policy briefs, and one working paper) within the given duration of the Program.
- If the Fellow(s) fails to produce the papers as determined by the Organizer, he/she will have to spend additional time of their own to complete them but without additional payment.
- The Fellows are obliged to attend the meeting deemed necessary by the Organizer. In the event of absence, the Fellows must provide a legitimate reason and notify of the decision in advance.
- The Fellow(s) are encouraged to engage with Cambodia Development Center after the Program ends, especially presenting their papers to targeted groups.
5. Organizer’s Authority
- The Organizer has exclusive rights and complete authority to invalidate the Fellow(s) from partake in the Program before the term ends if the Fellow(s) is found to be violating or has violated any of the Terms and Conditions and the Separate Terms related to the Program (for example, Publishing Terms of Reference).
- The Organizer reserves the right to suspend the Fellow(s) from participating in the Program if he/she does not fully comply with the responsibilities and obligations of the Research Fellows of CD-Center.
- Notwithstanding with the condition stated in clause 5.2., the Fellow(s) will be required to pay back to the Organizer three times the amount they have received so far from CD-Center.
6. Payment and Payment Methods
- The payment for the Fellows differs in accordance to the category they belong to and will only be given out to the Fellows after they finish submitting the FINAL draft of each of their papers.
- Each Junior Research Fellow will receive an allowance of $400 at every two months in accordance to the condition stated in clause 6.1.
- Each Senior Research Fellow will receive an allowance of $800 at every three months in accordance to the condition stated in clause 6.1.
- To receive the financial support, the Fellows are required to come to CD-Center office by themselves at the end of each month and with prior notice/appointment by CD-Center.
- The Fellows are not allowed to cancel or terminate the agreement they have with the Organizer unless their term come to an end on its own.
- In the event that the Fellows abruptly demand for termination, they will have to compensate the Organizer for the inconvenience and breach of trust by paying three times the amount they have received so far from the Organizer.
- However, there are also exceptions where the Fellows can request to cancel or suspend their agreement, which include: severe accidents, severe illness, or other circumstances that are proven to be restricting the Fellows from fulfilling their responsibilities and obligations.
- Only the Organizer (CD-Center) holds the legitimate right to carry out the termination of this agreement.
- Notwithstanding with the condition stated in clause 7.4., the final decision of the termination lays on the final call of the Executive Committee of CD-Center, after a thorough investigation, with the Executive Director as the head.
- The Organizer places its highest priority on the privacy and confidential information of the Fellows given to the Organizer.
- The Organizer promises to protect the privacy and personal information of the Fellows with utmost care and attentions.
- The Organizer promises to use the personal information of the Fellows for the purposes entirely related to the Program and will not sell, exchange, or use that information for other purposes.
- The identity of the Fellow will be kept confidential even to the entire Editorial Committee, in three levels, during the review period in order to ensure a consistent, professional, and standard assessment to each of the paper without prejudice/bias.
- The Organizer will not be held responsible or liable if de factor and legal defects arise. Those defects include but not limited to security-related faults, errors, bugs, or infringements of rights.
- Notwithstanding with the condition stated in clause 9.1., the Organizer shall not be responsible for any indirect, unintentional, incidental, or consequential damages with regard to the act of tort due to the Organizer’s negligence.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the existing laws of Cambodia in the event of conflicts that arise from the violation of the responsibilities and obligations, or between the Organizer and the Fellow(s).