PUBLISHING TERMS OF REFERENCE
The following words and expression shall carry out the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
- Fellow (or Fellows): a term refers to the researcher who take part in “Research Fellowship Program” undertaken and supervised by Cambodia Development Center.
- Editorial Committee: a term refers to a team of competent professional authorized to review the submitted manuscripts.
- Paper: a term refers to the manuscripts that the Fellows submit to Cambodia Development Center for publication in accordance to their obligation under the Terms and Conditions of the “Research Fellowship Program”.
- Publisher: a term refers to Cambodia Development Center whose publication right is given in full agreement and satisfaction by the Fellows.
2. Basis of Agreement
Subject to the terms and conditions herein provided, Cambodia Development Center shall carry out any and all functions pertaining to the procedures and requirements provided herein below.
Cambodia Development Center, hereinafter referred to as “CD-Center”, shall partake in building a standard research community in Cambodia. Under this genuine commitment, CD-Center strive to encourage young scholars and academia to take part in “Research Fellowship Program” that will provide a golden opportunity for them to conduct researches of their interests – but also conform with the interests and visions of CD-Center. Thus, this Terms of Reference (TOR) will act as a bidding agreement that government the relations between and responsibilities of each party involved here.
4. Processing of Paper submission
- Fellows shall submit their papers, properly formatted, as per publication guidelines instructed by Cambodia Development Center/Publisher.
- All submitted papers will be initially subjected to editorial procedures and eventually peer review (by reviewers to which the work will be sent at the discretion of the editor).
- Until conformed with the guidelines and format and met with satisfaction of CD-Center’s Editorial Committee, Fellows shall continue to make revision accordingly and carry on the communication back and forth.
5. Warranties and Indemnifications
- The Fellows shall indicate and guarantee that the paper submitted to CD-Center is their original work.
- The Fellows shall ensure that their paper does not infringes any proprietary right, including but not limited to copyrights.
- The Fellows shall warrant that their paper has never been published anywhere before.
6. Publisher’s General Power/Authority
- The names and email addresses entered in this site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
- CD-Center reserves the right to make any further format changes and language corrections necessary in a manuscript accepted for publication so that it conforms to the formatting requirements and meets the quality requirements of a standard paper.
- CD-Center reserves the right to take down any published papers in which irregularities are found, including but not limited to plagiarism, question of originality, copyrights and the likes, without making prior notice to the Fellows.
7. Payment and Fee
Fellows are not paid additionally for their papers that are published with CD-Center and will only receive the fees for their participation in the program, which can be found in the Program’s Terms and Conditions.
8. Copyright Agreement
- The Cambodia Development Center undertakes to publish papers, subject to approval by the editor(s), in the Publication platform of CD-Center.
- The Fellows hereby grants and assigns CD-Center the exclusive rights to publish/reprint the paper, and the rights to translate and publish it in any language and form, including but not limited to electronic and paper basis.
- The Fellows shall execute and deliver to the Center any and all documents which the Center reasonably deem necessary or appropriate to evidence or effectuate the rights granted in this Terms of Reference.
- The Copyright of the paper, shall be registered under and governed by the existing law of Cambodia, under the name of the Fellows. Nothing contained in this clause shall be construed as limiting, modifying, or otherwise affecting any of the rights to the Publisher under this TOR.
9. Miscellaneous Provisions
- The Fellow is hereby notified of the conditions and all other express and implied terms under the TOR.
- If any portion of these Terms is held to be invalid, in whole or in part, by any competent authority, the validity of other sections of these Terms shall not be affected.
- The TOR shall take effects fully the moment the Fellow “agrees” and proceeds with the next step.
I hereby declare that I have read and understand these Publishing Terms of Reference. I further understand that by signing this document, I voluntarily accept it as the complete and exclusive agreement between me and Cambodia Development Center concerning their uses of my works.