Terms and Conditions
You agree that these Terms and Conditions are supported by good and valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which you hereby acknowledge. Such consideration includes, without limitation, your use of cd-center.org and the materials and information available.
“Publication” as Content means the collective of:
- “Book”, a book is a by-product of any project of the Center or the work of CD-Center fellows and scholars. Types of book that are authorized under the publication of CD-Center include a scholarly monography and reference work. It can be in the forms of a paper copy or electronic copy.
- “Policy Brief”, a policy brief is a clear and precise summary of a particular issue, a policy that deal with that issue and give recommendations on how to improve a situation with the best policy option possible and available. A policy brief is usually written in an intent to provide policy recommendations to policy makers and other stakeholders who influence policy outcomes.
- “Articles”, an article refers to a writing of a particular topic or issue with a concise information and analysis, in an attempt to advance public understanding and generate new knowledge to the general public in an easy-to-understand manner.
- “Report”, reports are defined as written essays that identify and examine issues or findings as a result of research findings.
- “Working Papers”, working papers are generally the pre-publication versions of research papers, academic articles or book chapters presented or submitted to receive comments before completing the work for an official publication. The working papers may also be a paper that is presented at a conference or seminar to provoke discussions among specific groups.
- “Seminar Paper”, a seminar paper summarizes and synthesizes main ideas, conclusions and recommendations from significant seminars, conferences, forums or meetings that CD-Center has organized or co-sponsored.
- “Essay and Research Contest”, defined as the awarded pieces of a particular topic from a year-to-year Essay or Research Contest.
- “Aide-Mémoire”, aide-mémoire is defined as a short and simple but precise summary of a specific issue or topic by outlining key intel of the issue.
Copyrights and Ownership
The Sites are owned and operated by Cambodia Development Center. All of the content featured, displayed or offered on the Sites, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations, software and any other content (collectively, the “Content”), is owned by the, CD-Center, its licensors, vendors and/or its content providers. All elements of the Sites, including but not limited to the general design and the Content, are protected by copyright, and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. You may use each of our Sites for the predetermined purpose only for which our Site is being made available. Unless it is may be otherwise specified within our Sites, you are authorized to view, print and download documents, audio and video found for noncommercial purposes only. You may not make any changes to the materials and you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or work contained on the Sites. Unless it is allowed under applicable copyright laws, you are accountable for obtaining permission before re-using any copyrighted materials that is available on the Sites. For purposes of these terms, using other materials on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, and regulations regarding your use of the Sites. The Sites, the Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of the CD-Center, its licensors, vendors, and content providers unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing. Any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices on the material found on the Sites must be remained unremoved.
Access and Use
1. Permitted Uses of the Content
1.1 Institutions and individuals may search, view, reproduce, display, download, print, perform, and distribute Content for the following Permitted Uses, abiding by the restrictions in this Section I, Section II and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions of Use:
- research activities;
- classroom or organizational activities;
- student assignments;
- part of a scholarly, cultural, educational or organizational presentation or workshop with conformity to the customary and usual practice in the field;
- authors or other Content creators may at their discretion incorporate their Content (other than Books) into unrestricted databases or website with prior permission from the publisher and other applicable rights holders;
- on an ad hoc basis and noncommercial gain or in a manner that would substitute for direct access to the Content offered by CD-Center, sharing discrete portions of Content for purposes of collaboration, comment, or the scholarly exchange of ideas;
- downloading Content to view, use and display including on a personal digital device (e.g. mobile devices, e-readers, and personal computers);
- in research papers or dissertations, including reproductions of the dissertations, provided such reproductions are only for personal use, library deposit, and/or use solely within the institution(s) with which the User and/or his or her faculty readers are affiliated.
1.2 Users that have downloaded or printed out portions of Content from our Sites may continue to use those Content with conformity to the Terms and Conditions mentioned above despite later on such license has terminated or expired.
2. Prohibited Uses of the Content
Institutions and individuals may not:
(a) use or authorize the use of CD-Center’s Content for commercial purposes or gains, including charging a fee-for-service for the use of CD-Center beyond reasonable printing or administrative costs. For purposes of clarification, “commercial purposes or gains” shall not include research whose end-use is commercial in nature;
(b) attempt to override, circumvent, or disable any encryption features or software protections employed in the CD-Center;
(c) undertake any activity such as the use of computer programs that automatically download or export Content, commonly known as web robots, spiders, crawlers, wanderers or accelerators that may interfere with, disrupt or otherwise burden the CD-Center server(s) or any third-party server(s) being used or accessed in connection with CD-Center; or
(d) undertake coordinated or systematic activity between or among two or more individuals and/or entities that, in the aggregate, constitutes downloading and/or distributing a significant portion of the Content; or
(e) make any use, display, performance, reproduction, or distribution that exceeds or violates these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Additionally, Institutions and users may not:
(f) modify, obscure, or remove any copyright notice or other attribution included in the Content;
(g) incorporate Content into an unrestricted database or website, except as provided in 1.1(e) above;
(h) systematically print out or download Content to stock or replace print holdings;
(i) reproduce or distribute Content in bulk, such as the inclusion of Content including portions of Content (e.g., Book chapters, individual articles and/or journal issues) in course packs, electronic reserves, repositories, or organizational intranets.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between user and CD-Center in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Should you have any inquiry about these terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]