- The members of OPEC and its allies agreed on a historic deal to withhold the global oil production by almost 10% to protect the market from the impacts of COVID-19.
Source: The Guardian
- The confirmed cases of coronavirus has surpassed 1.8 million while the fatality rate is more than 100,000 worldwide, the numbers recorded by Johns Hopkins University.
- The Turkish President rejected the resignation request of the Minister of Interior after the sudden announcement of curfew made 250,000 people flood the stores.
- India and Pakistan barraged heavy artillery at each other over the disputed Kashmir which violated the 2003 ceasefire accord and killed three civilians.
Source: South China Morning Post
- While the White House moves with the plan to reopen the economy, top officials are unable to agree on plans that allow Americans and the business to safely resume work.
- COVID-19 attacks tribe people as a 15-year-old boy becomes the third indigenous person from Amazon who died after contracting the virus.
Source: Sky News
- Bangladesh announced a USD1.7 billion relief package to support farmers that struggle from the restrictions that have been imposed to stop the spread of the virus.
Source: Channel NewsAsia
- China’s first operation aircraft and five warships carried out drills close to Taiwan to complete the relevant actions in response to enhance national security and regional peace.
Source: The Straits Times
- DPRK’s parliament gathered after the announcement made by Kim Jong-Un calling for a strict measure to prevent the spread of infection inside the country.
Source: Channel News Asia
- The Senate Permanent Committee will meet today to discuss the implementation of law of the State Emergency after the NA adopted it on Friday last week.
- PM, along with leaders of ASEAN plus three, will participate in the Special ASEAN Summit and ASEAN+3 Summit via video conference focusing on COVID-19.
- The Ministry of Agriculture has ordered all departments in the Ministry to take measures to secure food supply during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Source: Khmer Times