- Hungary’s Parliament passed a bill that gives the Prime Minister more power during the fight against COVID-19, including power to pass special decrees.
Source: Deutsche Welle
- Moscow’s city authorities will launch a social monitoring app to monitor population movement after people in the city constantly violated the stay-at-home order.
- Six child-size robots take care of COVID-19 patients in a hospital in northern Italy and help reduce the infection risks between medical staff and the patients.
- President Trump warned Iran and its proxies in a tweet that they would pay a big price if their plan of a sneak attack on the U.S. base in Iraq is real.
- Trump announced at the daily White House briefing that US Navy ships were sent to Venezuela to scale up counter-narcotic operations in the Caribbean.
Source: ABC News
- The U.S. has put its contributions to help foreign countries fight against coronavirus through USAID on hold, in order to better review the shipments and items.
Source: The Hill
- According to the US intelligence community, China intentionally concealed the extent of the outbreak, under-reporting the total infected and fatality cases.
- Japan will extend an entry ban on 73 countries while urging people who just return to the country to quarantine for two weeks as the country is struggling to stop the infection.
- Human Rights Watch exposed that coronavirus have made over 350,000 displaced people in Myanmar camps especially vulnerable.
- PM Hun Sen expressed his sympathy by donating seven months of his salary to the Anti-Covid-19 National Committee to aid the fight against pandemic in Cambodia.
Source: Thmey Thmey
- Five chapters and 11 articles of the draft law of State of Emergency are being delivered to the National Assembly for debate after being discussed in the Council of Minister meeting.
Source: The Phnom Penh Post
- The gasoline price in Cambodia saw a big drop for the first time and the Ministry of Commerce said it is from the effects that COVID-19 have on global oil supplies.
Source: Khmer Times