- President Trump showed further relationship deterioration with China over COVID-19, which also has a spillover effect on the bilateral trade deal, threatening to cut ties.
- The U.S. republican-led senate on Thursday approved the bill to impose sanction on China over the human rights abuse on Uighurs muslim minority.
- The global coronavirus fatality rate surpassed 300,000, half of which have been reported by the U.S., UK and Italy, while the number of the infected cases is approaching 4.5 million.
- The U.S. considers putting Cuba back on the list of state sponsors of terrorism following its support for Maduro and the protection for leaders of Colombia’s ELN rebel group.
- Russian embassy in the U.S. sent a letter to the New York Times demanding for the renouncement of the headline that accused Moscow of fabricating the COVID-19 cases.
- Two new studies showed that the Malaria drug that Donald Trump claimed to be a potential treatment for COVID-19 did not see significant improvement.
- Japanese PM Abe lifted a state of emergency in 39 of its 47 prefectures, excluding Tokyo and Osaka, while his government is working on a second package to help the economy.
- Wuhan said it has tested 3 million out of 11 million residents for COVID-19 after the new cluster of infections raised fears of a second wave in the city.
- China said it will not give into the U.S. legislation bill that held China responsible for the COVID-19 outbreak, hinting that the country is working on counter-sanctions.
- PM Hun Sen will lead a cabinet meeting to discuss and rectify on draft laws on anti-money laundering, terrorism financing and counter-proliferation financing.
Source: The Phnom Penh Post
- The Interior Ministry issued a letter to provinces to tighten lockdown at their border checkpoint as migrant workers tried to cross the border to find jobs amid the pandemic.
Source: Khmer Times
- The local firms conducted feasibility plans hoping to reopen a decades-long abandoned airport in Battambong to decide whether to expand or renovate the current airport.