- As the U.S. remained the hot spot for the pandemic with a million confirmed cases, Trump is confident that there will be the vaccine by the end of this year.
- After the two Koreas exchanged fire at DMZ, South Korea official claimed that Kim Jung Un did not encounter any surgery during his three-week absence from the public.
- Mike Pompeo stated that numerous evidence showed the COVID-19 outbreak first began from the lab in Wuhan, China, but he did not provide any proof to support his claims.
- German Interior Minister Seehofer, who was at odds with Chancellor Angela Merkel for the past few years, praised her for her successful handling of the new coronavirus pandemic.
- An antibody test by Roche, a Swiss drug company, has received approval from the U.S. FDA to diagnose whether people have ever been infected with the new coronavirus.
- Eight people were killed in a marine incursion incident by alleged ‘terrorist mercenaries’ who attempted to enter Venezuela but the opposition claimed that it was staged.
- DPRK and ROK exchanged violent confrontations along the demilitarized zone for the time since late 2018 but Pompeo said DPRK’s firing could have been accidental.
Source: ABC News
- 28 Rohingya refugees have been relocated to Bhashan Char island of Bangladesh in the Bay of Bengal, a flood-prone island, after being stranded at the sea for weeks.
- The COVID-19 contact-tracing app introduced by Indian government raised concerns over privacy interference as it is mandatory for all public and private employees.
Source: Al Jazeera
- Cambodia and nine other ASEAN tourism ministers agreed to rehabilitate the tourism sector by suspending visa exemption and visa fee waiver policy for ASEAN members.
Source: Khmer Times
- MOEYS rejected the letter circulating on social media that said all schools will reopen on May 4 as fake, but has not confirmed the reopening date yet.
Source: Khmer Times
- The PM made a plea to the journalists asking them to avoid publishing misleading, fabricated and distorted news so people can be well-informed during this high time.
Source: Fresh News